- Governance :
- Regulatory status :
- History :
- ICMA councils & committees :
- ICMA in Asia Pacific :
- International affiliations :
- ICMA Women's Network :
- ICMA Future Leaders :
- Employment opportunities :
Name, duration, domicile and objectives
The International Capital Market Association (ICMA) is an association (Verein) pursuant to articles 60 to 79 of the Swiss Civil Code. It is an independent legal entity with legal capacity. It is governed by Swiss law. Its duration is unlimited. The Association is domiciled in Zurich (Switzerland) and registered in the Zurich Commercial Register.
Pursuant to ICMA’s statutes, the objectives of the Association are:
- to promote good relations among its members and to provide a basis for joint examination and discussion of questions relating to the international capital and securities markets and to issue rules and make recommendations governing their operations; and
- to provide services and assistance to participants in the international capital and securities markets.